Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Back from Vacation! Whew!

We got home last night from a week in Virginia. We spent the week hanging our with friends, doing some home repair at my Mom's place, and eating out! It was pretty exhausting. We took Baby, our dog. We had to give her doggie drugs for the long car rides, but she seemed to enjoy the trip.

At my Mom's we removed a bathroom sink/vanity, then relocated a sink from another bathroom and replaced it with a new sink. Lots of annoying work in very tight spaces with me flat on my back on tile floors. In the end, all sinks were working and fully installed. They look pretty good.

For my next vacation, I need to go somewhere without distractions and do nothing. I'd like to visit Yosemite National Park one day; I think that could be a good vacation. We discussed with friends a trip to Nova Scotia as our next group vacation. I have an old programming friend who lives in Halifax and he has always told me how nice it is.

I also want to try to do a bit of camping this year (we went to REI, which always inspires me). Nothing dramatic, maybe just some nights at our local NY State Park, Stony Brook. It could be good practice for future vacationing. I haven't been camping properly since I was a kid.

No comments: