Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Mission Trip Coming Fast!

I'll be leaving in less than two weeks to go to the Navajo Nation. I'm part of a large team that will be doing construction on a United Methodist church in Utah (near Four Corners). I'm usually excited by these trips, but this year I'm distracted and unprepared.

Part of the distraction is due to the arrival of our foster child, Alexzander. He's been with us almost a month and just celebrated his six-month half-birthday. He's changing the way we do everything around our house! Kristen was supposed to go on the trip with me, but she's staying home to care for The Boy.

One of the best parts about going on a mission trip is stepping outside your normal life and routine. It's a chance to take a vacation from yourself. I'm hoping it will do me good!

No comments: