Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Weather Outside is Frightful

That's right! SNOW!! We had some flurries yesterday and this morning they're continuing. As I pulled up to the church, I saw a car coming from up on the hill with an inch of snow on it! Yipee!! Winter Wonderland her we come!! This is why I came to Western New York, dang it!
But seriously... Fuel prices are a concern. With Alexzander in the house (our 9-month-old foster child), we've had to keep the place warmer than is our wont, especially at night. I know it's going to hike up our gas bill. I'm also concerned about others in the community and the bills they face. I'm praying for them.
Tomorrow is a big boys' soccer game in the village. I want to go, but I also way to not freeze. I'll need to plan accordingly!

1 comment:

evaberry said...

I had some impression about a child from Facebook, but I couldn't quite work it out. So you're fostering? That's wonderful. Congratulations and the best of luck!

Congrats also on the snow!! I'm sad that we still haven't had any. Normally we get the first snow here in October, but we've had unseasonably warm autumns for two years running now. Don't want to be too pessimistic and concede victory to climate change, but it seems hard not to!

P.S. Great blog name! Had a look at your profile page and was surprised not to see Soylent Green as a fave movie of yours. Somehow I always remember you talking about it... :D